This is a really simple Chicken and Vegetable Foil Pack Recipe that doesn’t take too much prep work. If you need tips on how to cook tin foil meals, I share a great guest post here. The best thing about foil meals is that you can cook them on an open fire, while sitting round and chatting while the food cooks.
This Chicken and Vegetable mix is easy to make, and enjoyable to eat. Let me know how you get on with this recipe, and if you have any tips to make it even better.
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 meal (adjust per number of people)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup sliced potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 tbsp cream of chicken soup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp water
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Chicken and Vegetable Foil Pack Directions
- Dice the chicken breast into chunks if you didn’t pack it diced.
- Slice up the vegetables.
- Lay out a sheet of foil; add a layer of carrots, then 1 tbsp butter, then the chicken and the salt and pepper. Add the sliced potatoes on the top with 2 tbsp cream of chicken soup and 1 tbsp of water.
- Fold up the foil pack and make sure all the food is secure.
- Place the foil pack on a some medium heat coals on a campfire.
- Cook for around 30 minutes, flipping halfway through..
Grab the ingredients for the Chicken and Vegetable Foil pack from the list above. Then get a nice campfire going and you are about there. Foil packed meals were the staple of the boy scouts meals while camping, and there is still a lot of tasty meals that can be done today. Keep an eye out for more recipes to follow.