Sweet and Sour Chicken Foil Pack Recipe
Posted in Camping Recipes
Here is another simple but tasty recipe you can cook using foil packs. If you didn’t see my chicken and vegetable pack recipe you can find that here. This one is sweet and sour chicken, and takeaway favorite, and winner around the campfire too.
One of the great things about foil packed meals is that all the family can get involved, especially kids. This one is a breeze, so let me know how you get on, and if you had any little helpers.
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 meals
- 4 chicken breasts
- ½ cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- ¼ small onion, sliced
1 pack of noodles
- Cut some cooking foil sheets and spray with cooking oil.
- Place a chicken breast on a sheet of foil each.
- Add a quarter of the pineapple, pepper, and onion to each breast.
- Spread a spoon of the sweet and sour sauce on each breast.
- Fold up the foil packs, leaving room for some expanding during cooking.
- Place the foil packs on a some medium heat coals on a campfire.
- Cook for around 15 – 20 minutes, turn the packs around half way through.
- Boil some noodles if you want to eat as a side.
There you have it, sweet and sour chicken cooked up around the campfire in foil packs. More foil pack recipes to follow soon.
Hope you enjoy this recipe, please leave me a comment below if you have any feedback, thanks!