This is a recipe that gives you a yummy use for baby potatoes, and works well with any leftover potatoes you have. BBQ baby potatoes are great as a side to a main dish you’re cooking, like a chilli or some chicken and vegetables.
The beauty of this recipe is that you don’t need many ingredients, and while there is a long cooking time there isn’t much prepping involved. You don’t need to be a dab hand round the stove to pull off this delicious effort.
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 lbs pre-cooked baby potatoes
- Some butter
- A sprinkling of sea salt and black pepper
- Ideally you have pre-boiled the baby potatoes, otherwise you need to boil them (keep skins on).
- Drain the potatoes and start grilling them, shuffling them around often.
- Once the skins have hardened wrap the potatoes in a foil pack with a knob of butter.
- Cook them over hot coals for around 30 minutes, turning them regularly.
- The skins should be nicely colored and crispy, serve with a pinch of salt, pepper, and a little more butter.
Tip – Don’t be afraid to throw some herbs in if that’s what you enjoy.
You can’t go wrong with potatoes. they go well with almost any other food you’re cooking. These make a great accompaniment for a range of other recipes you’ll find on my recipe page. The BBQ Baby Potatoes should be a camp favorite for all.