Another quick and easy recipe I’ve been whipping up for a while is cheesy scrambled eggs. This works great as a breakfast or lunch, and you can stuff rolls or add other flavors to preference. It only takes 10 minutes, I’d love to hear another recipe tastier than this that can be knocked up quicker.
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8 large free-range eggs
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- small bunch of snipped chives
- a splash of milk
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Cheesy Scrambled Egg Directions
- Start by whisking the eggs, cheddar cheese and milk in a bowl. Add seasoning to taste.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat slowly, stirring continuously.
- Stir in the chives when the eggs are softly scrambled.
- Remove from the heat when the eggs warm though and soft.
This is a meal that can easily be cooked up on a backpacking stove. The biggest challenge might be keeping the eggs from breaking before you set up camp to cook. One option is to bring powdered eggs to mix while you are out in the back country.
Hope you enjoy this simple and quick cheesy scrambled egg recipe. Please leave me a comment below if you have any feedback, thanks!