I just got back from a week long camping trip in the snow and freezing rain. Everything was good because we had awesome gear and some great camping meals. One of the super tasty meals was Mom’s Easy Minestrone Soup. It was pre-made from home so we just had to heat it up and chow down.
This easy soup recipe will keep you warm and ready for your next cold camping trip. It will make your first dinner a snap if you have a chance to pre-make the meal. If you need other camping recipe ideas take a quick look here. Otherwise, let’s get started on this classic minestrone soup mix.
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 servings
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 (16 oz.) cans Italian tomatoes, pureed or mashed
- 2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley leaves
- 1 (16 oz.) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can white beans, drained
- 1 cup small penne macaroni, uncooked
- Garnish soup with Parmesan cheese (optional)
My favorite side dishes are salad and garlic bread. You can also pre-make your garlic bread at home and wrap it in tinfoil. Then when you are at camp just put it on the barbecue for 10 minutes (flipping it once) and it’s ready to go.
Take a look at #3 of this campfire cooking article for additional tinfoil cooking recipes and a quick story of how tinfoil saved us in Alaska. Or, a great tip from Mae who guest posted at our site recently.
If you are trying to discover other quick and easy soup recipes take a look at this link. For other easy dinner meals, take a look here.
Easy Minestrone Soup Directions
- Chop all of your vegetables and open all cans prior to jumping into the quick recipe.
- Brown and drain the ground beef
- Add onion, celery, green pepper and carrots to ground beef.
- Cover the pot and steam on medium heat until almost tender or about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, broth, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley.
- Bring mix to a boil, then turn down to low and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add green beans, white beans and macaroni.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to med and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Garnish with parmesam, garlic bread and enjoy!
This recipe was taken straight out of mom’s kitchen. This will become one of your super easy meal to get your next trip started. If you have kids and find camping challenging, this type of meal planning will help you get out under the stars.
If you have a second and enjoyed this recipe, click on the link below to share with your friends:
Tweet: Mom’s Minestrone Soup – A Quick and tasty Camping Recipe!
If you have any other questions about Easy Minestrone Soup or any other camping recipes send me a message here and I will make sure to check back in with you.