The tuna pasta bake recipe is a favorite in our home, and at the campsite. The beauty of this dish is that it is inexpensive, the ingredients are easy to transport in the backpack, and it serves a whole family with ease. Just don’t forget the can opener!
This recipe is tailored for cooking in a portable oven/stove combo. Browse the oven, grill and stove combos section of the site to see reviews of the best stoves.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (quantities can easily be adjusted)
- 300g dried pasta (any pasta will do, but fusilli is the pasta bake favorite)
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 onion, chopped and diced
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of tuna in olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of mixed herbs
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch of black pepper
As for side dishes, garlic bread and salad are perfect with pasta bake. Also, feel free to make a couple of changes and add or remove some of the secondary ingredients. Sweet corn or mushrooms go well with this dish, alternatively if you don’t eat tuna you can use chopped bacon.
Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe Directions
- Get a pan to the boil and cook the pasta for a couple of minutes less than the packet directions and drain.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Using the olive oil from your can of tuna, fry the garlic and onion in a pan. Drain away excess oil, add the tuna to the pan and heat while mixing the ingredients.
- Add the can of tomatoes, the mixed herbs and black pepper. Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the pasta, and all the other ingredients into an oven dish.
- Top off with grated cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until cheese starts to brown.
Serve and enjoy the tuna pasta bake recipe! Let me know if you’re interested in seeing similar recipes.