With eggs there are endless quick, no-fuss, tasty meals you can make while camping. I shared my recipe for Cheesy Scrambled Eggs already, and this is another easy and tasty egg recipe. It ticks all the boxes for vegetarians, and is easily done in one pan. Ideal for single stoves or if you’re cooking something else at the same time.
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 1 clove of garlic
- 400g courgettes (2 large ones will usually do)
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Choice of herbs
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat a nonstick frying pan with the olive oil on a high heat.
- Add the courgettes and fry for 5 minutes.
- Once the courgettes have started to soften, add the tomatoes and garlic.
- Cook for a few minutes more before adding the seasoning.
- Make a couple of gaps in the food and crack the eggs in.
- Cover the pan with a sheet of foil or a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- When the eggs are cooked to your preference, add any herbs or garnish to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy.
Tip – You may want to have some garlic bread or crusty rolls too, this a light dish and doesn’t have a high calorie content. Take a look at this site if you need a few more recipes or tips on egg mixes and recipes.
Summer Eggs Conclusion
I use courgettes, but obviously there is room for you to use all kinds of different vegetables. Some red pepper and red onion for example will give this recipe an interesting taste as an evening meal.
Hope you enjoy this recipe, please leave me a comment below if you have any feedback, thanks!